We use emojis every day, so why not celebrate them? Join us in celebrating World Emoji Day!
July 17 is famously displayed on the 📅 Calendar Emoji, which is why we chose it as the date for World Emoji Day.
💡 The calendar emoji date is the reason this July 17 was chosen, but the day is much bigger than just one emoji. World Emoji Day is a celebration of all emojis.
Let your friends on Facebook know your plans to celebrate by posting them only using Emojis.
A quick shout to the awesome team at World Emoji Day for highlighting this EPIC day!
Apple, Google, Samsung, and JoyPixels’s dates show July 17. Apple first featured this date in reference to its calendar app on July 17, 2002; originally known as iCal, the app’s icon also displays July 17. Emojipedia so chose July 17 as the date for World Emoji Day, first celebrated in 2014. Several major platforms, including Google and Samsung, have since featured July 17 in honour of the occasion. Other vendors feature easter egg dates marking company founding or other milestones:
- 📅 Apple: July 17 (Mac iCal announcement in 2002, later World Emoji Day)
- 📅 Google: July 17 (World Emoji Day; previously a generic monthly calendar)
- 📅 Microsoft: 21st of a generic month
- 📅 Samsung: July 17 (World Emoji Day; previously a monthly calendar turned to May)
- 📅 WhatsApp: Feb 24 (incorporation of WhatsApp in 2009)
- 📅 Twitter: March 21 (founding of Twitter in 2006; changed from July 15, when launched)
- 📅 Facebook: May 14 (birthday of founder Mark Zuckerberg; previously a generic 3rd)
- 📅 JoyPixels: July 17 (World Emoji Day)
- 📅 emojidex: Tuesday, Jan 12 (unknown)
Innovative Marketing is a complete digital marketing turnkey solution with the added benefits of graphic design, photography, videography, website development and customized branding services.
We populate & manage the online community with your business’ brand identity for you. All in an effort to develop and monitor your business’ success and growth by keeping you in front of mind in the consumer’s markets.
For more information:
Please get in touch with us on (039) 695-1613 | email@example.com
We would love to connect with you @InnovativeZA