Article Google Ranking – SEO
To celebrate Innovative Marketing’s amazing Google Ranking – SEO I decided to do this quick post to share some great tips with you. Within two weeks of launching Innovative Marketing’s website we have managed to achieve first page Google ranking.
Everyone loves a good tip, right? Here are 20 quick tips for search engine optimization that even your webmaster could use to get started. Most folks with some web design and beginner SEO knowledge should be able to take these to the bank without any problem.
- If you absolutely MUST use Java script drop down menus, image maps or image links, be sure toput text links somewhere on the page for the spiders to follow.
- Content is king,so be sure to have good, well-written, and unique content that will focus on your primary keyword or keyword phrase.
- If content is king, then links are queen.Build a network of quality backlinks. Remember, if there is no good, logical reason for a site to link to you, you don’t want the link.
- Don’t be obsessed with PageRank.It is just one isty bitsy part of the ranking algorithm. A site with lower PR can actually outrank one with a higher PR.
- Be sure you have a unique, keyword focused Title tag on every page of your site.And, if you MUST have the name of your company in it, put it at the end. Unless you are a household name, your business name will probably get few searches.
6. Fresh content can help improve your rankings. Add new, useful content to your pages on a regular basis. Content freshness adds relevancy to your site in the eyes of the search engines.
- Be sure links to your site and within your site use your keyword phrase.In other words, if your target is “blue widgets” then link to “blue widgets” instead of a “Click here” link.
- Focus on search phrases, not single keywords,and put your location in your text (“our Palm Springs store” not “our store”) to help you get found in local searches.
- Don’t design your web site without considering SEO.Make sure your web designer understands your expectations for organic SEO. Doing a retrofit on your shiny new Flash-based site after it is built won’t cut it. Spiders can crawl text, not Flash or images.
- Use keywords and keyword phrases appropriatelyin text links, image ALT attributes and even your domain name.
- Check for canonicalization issues– www and non-www domains. Decide which you want to use and 301 redirect the other to it. In other words, if http://www.domain.com is your preference, then http://domain.com should redirect to it.
- Check the link to your home page throughout your site.Is index.html appended to your domain name? If so, you’re splitting your links. Outside links go to http://www.domain.com and internal links go to http://www.domain.com/index.html.
- Ditch the index.html or default.php or whatever the page is and always link back to your domain.
- Frames, Flash and AJAX all share a common problem – you can’t link to a single page.It’s either all or nothing. Don’t use Frames at all and use Flash and AJAX sparingly for best SEO results.
- Your URL file extension doesn’t matter.You can use .html, .htm, .asp, .php, etc. and it won’t make a difference as far as your SEO is concerned.
- Got a new web site you want spidered?Submitting through Google’s regular submission form can take weeks. The quickest way to get your site spidered is by getting a link to it through another quality site.
- If your site content doesn’t change often,your site needs a blog because search spiders like fresh text.Blog at least three time a week with good, fresh content to feed those little crawlers.
- When link building, think quality, not quantity.One single, good, authoritative link can do a lot more for you than a dozen poor quality links, which can actually hurt you.
- Search engines want natural language content.Don’t try to stuff your text with keywords. It won’t work. Search engines look at how many times a term is in your content and if it is abnormally high, will count this against you rather than for you.
- Text around your links should also be related to your keywords.In other words, surround the link with descriptive text.
- If you are on a shared server, do a blacklist check to be sure you’re not on a proxy with a spammer or banned site.Their negative notoriety could affect your own rankings.
“Don’t just partner with any digital marketing agency.
Work with a company you can trust.”